Friday, April 1, 2011

Yeah....I'm that guy

Who I am:
  • Your normal average Joe.  I have lived and worked out of New York City my entire life.  I have a normal day job and after a recent move now live a normal suburban life.
  • I love being outside.  I could be going on a hike, taking a bike ride, working on my house, or just sitting in my yard enjoying a beer. 
  • A firm believer in finding a balance in life.  Work dominates so many peoples lives, it consumes them.  With blackberrys and the internet there is no escape.  Enjoying the outdoors helps me find the balance between work and life.
  • I love Gear.  Being a trekker is a hobby just like playing an instrument.  I enjoy reading up on a lot of gear although I own a minimal amount.  
Who I am not:
  • An extreme adventurer.  Lovers of the outdoors always have dreams of that amazing trip to Patagonia or trekking through the Amazon. I am realistic.  So while I dream of these places, I just don't have the resources to drop everything and leave work for a month.
  • A minimalist/extreme liberal/environmentalist. I love the environment and take plenty of steps to make sure I do my part.  I am not an extremist though.  I am open to any opinions anyone may have.  Great ideas for everyday life can come from anywhere.
  • That guy who has DVR'ed one too many Discovery Channel or National Geographic shows.  Yes I love them, but I don't consider myself an expert on anything just cause I watched an entire season of shows on Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment